- Kelly Gallagher – educator, author and speaker is passionate that we cannot let test preps kill our students’ love of reading and writing. Kelly’s ideas have influenced how many teachers, elementary as well as middle and high school, teach. He is a speaker not to miss!
- Dinah Zike – educator, author, and international speaker, is known for Foldables® which are hands-on manipulatives that show students how to organize and chunk data and can be utilized in all subject areas. Teachers who spend time with Dinah are inspired and empowered and have greatly helped their students by using these powerful tools for developing academic success.
- Ian O’Byrne & Greg McVeery – educators, presenters, and researchers with the New Literacies Research Lab at the University of Connecticut. The focus will be on effective and authentic integration of technology into the classroom. Learn about technology programs and strategies that will enhance your teaching and motivate your tech savvy students! BYOD!
- Katie Garner – nationally recognized speaker, author, and educational consultant. Katie provides educators with practical classroom applications for aligning Curriculum and Instruction with the cutting-edge research models showing how our brains actually learn best! This brain-based BAG-OF-TRICKS for easy and accelerated literacy skill mastery is guaranteed to become one of the most relied-upon pieces of any K-3 teaching-repertoire!
9. A plethora of keynote, workshop, and featured speakers – Carrice Cummins, Mary Bigler, Barbara Marinak, Judy Willis, The Bag Ladies, Jerry Johns, Donalyn Miller, Vicki Gibson, Rita Bean, Richard Long, Maureen McLaughlin, Jane Feber, Rose Cappelli & Lynne Dorfman and many more, all of whom have motivated thousands of teachers.
8. Awesome Authors – Jerry Palotta, Shelley Gill, Steve Swinburne, Lee Harper, John Manders, Ralph Masiello, Judy Young, Fred Bortz, Kathy Miller, and many more.
7. Wonderful Exhibitors – who make this event possible through their tremendous support. Spend time in the Exhibit Hall; the exhibitors have much to offer!
6. Hot Topics – Common Core Standards, brain research, technology, online tools, RTII, comprehension, mentor texts, vocabulary, writing, differentiated instruction, motivation, and more.
5. Networking – always a unique opportunity to meet with other dedicated professionals and become energized and inspired.
4. Great hotel accommodations – much brighter, newly updated rooms. Don’t miss cookies and peanut butter fudge at the Gingerbread Dreams shop.
3. Renovated convention center – presentation rooms with a new attractive look and now you can get to each floor of the convention center by riding the new elevator.
2. Fabulous food – the meals are always wonderful at Seven Springs, don’t miss the breakfast buffet, or the crème brûlée!
And the number one reason:
1. This conference will be a wonderful learning experience and a lot of fun! Enjoy the light! We all need to READ and SHINE!
Click here for information about registration, hotel reservations, speakers, and general conference updates.