There are several divisions of the Keystone to Reading Book Award
- Elementary (Preschool, Primary & Intermediate)
- Secondary (Middle School & High School)
2014-2015 Participation Materials
Preschool, Primary, & Elementary Levels:
Middle School Level:
2013-2014 Keystone to Reading Book Awards
- Preschool Level: It’s Duffy Time! by Audrey and Don Wood
- Primary Level: Little Dog Lost: The True Story of a Brave Dog Named Baltic by Monica Carnesi
- Intermediate Level: Queen of the Track: Alice Coachman, Olympic High-Jump Champion by Heather Lang
- Middle School Level: Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage
- High School Level: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Submitting a Book To Be Reviewed For The Award
The Keystone to Reading Book Awards has two divisions, Elementary and Secondary.
The secondary division is for students in middle and high school. The book needs to have been published within the last year. In order to have a book reviewed, the publisher/or author sends a copy to the Keystone to reading chair–for 6-12th grades that is: Laurie Balatgek, 1573 Fairview Drive, Leesport, PA 19533
At least two reading educators read and rate the book, and then the committee reviews those books with ratings of 8 and above on a 10 point scale.
The elementary division considers books from preschool through Grade 6. There are three subdivisions – preschool, primary, and intermediate. We would gladly consider books from publishers and authors. We would like to have submissions of books published within the last year by January as we start compiling lists in February. Please send submissions for the elementary award to this address: Rose Cappelli, 147 Conestoga Rd., Malvern, PA 19355
Thank you for your interest!