There are several divisions of the Keystone to Reading Book Award
- Elementary (Preschool, Primary & Intermediate)
- Secondary (Middle School & High School)
2015-2016 Participation Materials
Preschool, Primary, & Elementary Levels:
Middle School Level:
2014-2015 Keystone to Reading Book Awards
- Preschool Level: When the Monsters Are Quiet by Alicia Lloyd
- Primary Level: The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- Intermediate Level: A Little Book of Sloth by Lucy Cooke
- Middle School Level: Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
- High School Level: The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
Submitting a Book To Be Reviewed For The Award
The Keystone to Reading Book Awards has two divisions, Elementary and Secondary.
The secondary division is for students in middle and high school. The book needs to have been published within the last year. In order to have a book reviewed, the publisher/or author sends a copy to the Keystone to reading chair–for 6-12th grades that is: Laurie Balatgek, 1573 Fairview Drive, Leesport, PA 19533
At least two reading educators read and rate the book, and then the committee reviews those books with ratings of 8 and above on a 10 point scale.
The elementary division considers books from preschool through Grade 6. There are three subdivisions – preschool, primary, and intermediate. We would gladly consider books from publishers and authors. We would like to have submissions of books published within the last year by January as we start compiling lists in February. Please send submissions for the elementary award to this address: Rose Cappelli, 147 Conestoga Rd., Malvern, PA 19355
Thank you for your interest!