2016-2017 Keystone to Reading Winners
Keystone to Reading Elementary Book Awards
Preschool: Who Wants Broccoli? by Val Jones
Primary: Simon’s New Bed by Christian Trimmer
Intermediate: Tucky Jo and Little Heart by Patricia Polacco
By: Val Jones By: Christian Trimmer By: Patricia Polacco
Keystone to Reading Secondary Book Awards
Middle School: The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
High School: Stranded by Melinda Braun
By: Ali Benjamin By: Melinda Braun
There are several divisions of the Keystone to Reading Book Award
- Elementary (Preschool, Primary & Intermediate) Buy Your Elementary Books Here!
- Secondary (Middle School & High School) Buy Your Middle & High School Books Here!
2017-2018 Participation Materials
Preschool, Primary, & Intermediate Levels:
- Elementary Level Intent to Participate Form 2017-2018
- Preschool Level Annotated List 2017-2018
- Preschool Vote Sheet 2017-2018
- Preschool Ballot 2017-2018
- Primary School Book Preview 2017-2018
- Primary Vote Sheet 2017-2018
- Primary Ballot 2017-2018
- Intermediate School Book Preview 2017-2018
- Intermediate Vote Sheet 2017-2018
- Intermediate Ballot 2017-2018
Middle School Level:
Submitting a Book To Be Reviewed For The Award
The Keystone to Reading Book Awards has two divisions, Elementary and Secondary.
The secondary division is for students in middle and high school. The book needs to have been published within the last year. In order to have a book reviewed, the publisher/or author sends a copy to the Keystone to reading chair–for 6-8 or 9-12th grades that is:
6-8 Emily Reed, 127 Stoney Run Rd, Dillsburg, PA 17019
9-12 Aileen Hower. 135 Timber Ln, Hanover, PA 17331
At least two reading educators read and rate the book, and then the committee reviews those books with ratings of 8 and above on a 10 point scale.
The elementary division considers books from preschool through Grade 6. There are three subdivisions – preschool, primary, and intermediate. We would gladly consider books from publishers and authors. We would like to have submissions of books published within the last year by January as we start compiling lists in February. Please send submissions for the elementary award to this address: Rose Cappelli, 147 Conestoga Rd., Malvern, PA 19355
Thank you for your interest!