2017-2018 Keystone to Reading Winners
Keystone to Reading Elementary Book Awards
Preschool: When Spring Comes by Kevin Hanks
Primary: Madeline Finn and the Library Dog by Lisa Papp
Intermediate: Wish by Barbara O’Connor
By: Kevin Hanks By: Lisa Papp By: Barbara O’Connor
Keystone to Reading Secondary Book Awards
Middle School: The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner
High School: Everland by Wendy Spinale
By: Kate Messner By: Wendy Spinale
There are several divisions of the Keystone to Reading Book Award
- Elementary (Preschool, Primary & Intermediate) Buy Your Elementary Books Here!
- Secondary (Middle School & High School) Buy Your Middle & High School Books Here!
2017-2018 Participation Materials
Preschool, Primary, & Intermediate Levels:
- Keystone to Reading Annotated List 2018-2019
- Elementary Level Intent to Participate Form 2017-2018
- Preschool Vote Sheet 2017-2018
- Preschool Ballot 2017-2018
- Primary School Book Preview 2017-2018
- Primary Vote Sheet 2017-2018
- Primary Ballot 2017-2018
- Intermediate School Book Preview 2017-2018
- Intermediate Vote Sheet 2017-2018
- Intermediate Ballot 2017-2018
Middle School Level:
Submitting a Book To Be Reviewed For The Award
The Keystone to Reading Book Awards has two divisions, Elementary and Secondary.
The elementary division considers books from preschool through Grade 6. There are three subdivisions – preschool, primary, and intermediate. We would gladly consider books from publishers and authors. We would like to have submissions of books published within the last year by January as we start compiling lists in February. Please send submissions for the elementary award to this address: Rose Cappelli, 147 Conestoga Road, Malvern, PA 19355
The secondary division is for students in middle and high school. The book needs to have been published within the last year. In order to have a book reviewed, the publisher/or author sends a copy to the Keystone to Reading Chair–for 6-8 or 9-12th grades that is:
Grades 6-8: Emily Reed, 127 Stoney Run Rd, Dillsburg, PA 17019
Grades 9-12: Aileen Hower. 240 Smeach Driver, Hanover, PA 17331
At least two reading educators read and rate the book, and then the committee reviews those books with ratings of 8 and above on a 10 point scale.
Thank you for your interest!