Pennsylvania Reads: Journal of the Keystone State Reading Association is a refereed journal whose purpose is to provide a forum for literacy educators to share their expertise. Authors are encouraged to submit articles that focus on current classroom practices, research, or information that will help to improve the literacy achievement of students. Short pieces, such as teaching tips, poetry, reviews of research, and book reviews are welcome.
The editors welcome in-depth practitioner-friendly manuscripts related to all areas of literacy and literacy instruction, including new literacies.
Any manuscript submitted to Pennsylvania Reads: Journal of the Keystone State Reading Association should conform to the following standards:
- Manuscripts must be word-processed (.doc or .docx format), double-spaced, and follow guidelines used in APA, sixth edition.
- Although length is not a determining factor for acceptance, manuscripts under 25 pages (inclusive of references, tables, and figures) are preferred.
- Manuscripts must include a cover sheet with title, name of author(s), institutional affiliation, postal address, phone number, and email address. Include an abstract (100-200 words) at the bottom of the cover sheet.
- Please include a complete title on page one (1) of the manuscript, excluding any identification of the author(s). No affiliation or reference to the author(s) should appear in the manuscript. Substitute “author” throughout to ensure the submitted version is a blind copy.
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically via email to PAReads@gmail.com. Electronic filename must include only alphanumeric characters, no spaces, and no authors’ names. Example: teachingandcomputers.doc
- Please include a cover letter providing the full title of the manuscript, authors’ names, professional affiliations, and contact information for the lead author.
Manuscripts are peer reviewed; the editors reserve the right to edit all copy.
Submission deadline for the Spring 2012 issue is December 5, 2011.
Questions may be addressed to any of the editors at PAReads@gmail.com
Julie W. Ankrum, University of Pittsburgh- Johnstown
Susan Caroff, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Carol A. Smith, West Chester University of Pennsylvania