Keystone State Reading Association & Teacher Evaluation Domain 4 Webinar
Are you curious about the new PA Teacher Evaluation? Bethann McCain will presented: Keystone State Reading Association & Teacher Evaluation: Domain 4. In this webinar you will learn:
- An overview of the new teacher effectiveness system being implemented in September
- How the 4th Domain of the Danielson Model will affect you
- How KSRA can support your professional development
Click here to listen to the archived webinar.
- Teacher Education Degree Programs
- Master Education Programs for Teachers
- Online Education Degrees by Specialty
- PA Comprehensive Literacy Plan
- International Reading Association Issues Guidelines For Implementing the ELA Common Core Standards
- PA Common Core Video presentation
- Pennsylvania School Guide – A listing of all PA Public, Charter, and Private schools
Literacy & Education Resources
My Reading Secrets – Searching for ways to explain the abstract reading process? My Reading Secrets will leave your students laughing and loving reading.
Books and Motivation
A Book and a Hug – Allows kids to make a list of favorite books and share it with a class or friends. A great way to harness the power of social media to encourage reading.
SlimeKids – This site has numerous resources, including book reviews and book trailers.
Literature Map – This website allows you to find authors that are similar to a favorite author.
Graphwords – This site allows you to create a visual thesaurus or web of words. It can be useful for both vocabulary and writing.
Mentor Texts – Resources for using literature to teach writing.
Writing Fix – Interactive writing prompts and more resources related to writing from the Northern Nevada Writing Project.
Additional Literacy Related Links
K12 Education Matters – This site contains videos, links, and other resources related to literacy.
Digital Learning/Web 2.0 Tools and Resources
Other Literacy-Related Organizations
Pennsylvania Writing and Literature Project – PAWLP offers a wide variety of courses and in-service programs in teaching writing, teaching literature, writing/reading connections, authentic assessment, and special topics of current interest. These courses and in-service programs are offered at West Chester University and in sponsoring school districts and Intermediate Units throughout the Delaware Valley area.
- Pennsylvania Core Standards
- U.S. Common Core Standards
- American Press Institute – Lots of lesson plans
- Mega Skills
- High Five Unit
- Growing Lifelong Readers
- Fitting Into Their Lives